Become Coaching and Training Ltd. (Become) is a specialist coaching business and training provider, delivering Coach Training and Leadership & Management programmes, qualifications and soft-skills training via in-person workshops, seminars and virtual sessions. As an essential part of our business, we collect and manage client and non-client data. In doing so, we observe the UK data protection legislation, and are committed to protecting and respecting clients’ and non-clients’ privacy and rights. As such, we act as a “Data Controller” in respect of the information gathered and processed by us.
To ensure that you are informed about how we operate, we have developed this privacy notice, which details how we collect, manage, process, store and share information about you as a result of you visiting this site, enquiring about one of our programmes, enrolling on one of our qualifications, booking, attending or delivering one of our workshops or webinars, or engaging us to provide consultancy services. If you have any comments or queries regarding our use of your data, please contact us on email@example.com
What information do we collect?
Typically, there are 2 types of information we collect: information that cannot personally identify you and personal identifiable information.
Information that can’t be used to identify you includes your IP address and website cookies. More detailed information on cookies is available below.
To provide some examples, we collect the information that enable us to perform the following:
- Administer our relationship with you as a user or client
- Enable business development including sending newsletters, updates etc.
- Deliver training sessions to you and your organization
- Arrange and conduct coaching sessions, in 1-1 or group setting
- Deliver requested information to you about our services and products
- Ensure correct invoicing and obtain payment
- Provide learning materials, course details for our students and clients If you choose to withhold or withdraw your information from us, we will not be able to provide you with these services.
- Provide information on events, offers and news for past workshop attendees and clients.
- The information we need for the above purposes is known as “personal data” or personal identifiable information (PI). This includes your name, date of birth, home and work address, email address, contact numbers, date of birth and sometimes financial information. We collect this in a number of different ways, e.g.it may have been given to you via email or registration form, via our website or over the phone or at a live event or seminar delivered to you as a client.
How long we keep your information for?
Become will typically retain your information for a period of two (2) years. This is due to regulatory and audit requirements.
Who with do we share your data
Become may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees,
- professional advisors and mentors – to obtain advice from any third-party professional coaches or advisors;
- your email address with other trainees so that you can communicate on the programme. You can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and confirming this
Keeping data secure
We use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you,
- we store your Data on secure servers.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may also use analytics tools provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) or other similar providers. Their privacy notes can be found here:
Analytics tools serve cookies through our website and collects aggregated data on an anonymised basis about users and visitors’ use of the website. The data collected enables us to understand aggregated user or visitor activity and how we may improve our website or service. This data is collected and used on an anonymised, aggregated basis only and does not enable any user or visitor to be personally identified.
In addition, we may also use marketing automation tools (e.g. Mailchimp). These companies serve cookies to profile users or visitors’ interests and activity. We may use data collected through these cookies to serve users or visitors with information, new articles and advertising tailored to their specific needs and requirements.
You have the right to refuse or disable cookies served through our website although, if you choose to do so, certain functionality may become unavailable to you. As the means by which you may do this vary from browser to browser, we recommend that you visit your browser’s help menu for further information.
We respect your right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. Please note that if you do not set your browser and e-mail settings to disable cookies, you will be indicating your consent to receive them.
If you wish to find out more about cookies and clear gifs, you may like to visit www.allaboutcookies.org, an independent third-party resource that explains what cookies and clear gifs are and how you may manage them. Please note that we are not responsible for, and have no control over, the content of this third-party website.
Use of other websites
In addition, our website, pages and articles there provided, may contain links to other websites of interest or reference. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the new target website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to access and control your data – your rights
Become is the processor and controller of your data.
You have the following rights in relation to your own data:
- Right to access– the right to request (i) copies of the information I hold about you at any time, or (ii) that I modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data– the right to “block” me from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice is regularly reviewed, and was last updated in November 2022.